Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This is NO art!!

I feel the most difficult thing anyone ever has to do is to say NO...I sometimes find it so hard to say no that I end up saying yes and suffering, rather than saying no and hurting others...But I know someone who has mastered the art of saying no...and this person is not some very wise uncle or some know-it-all grandma/grandpa, but a three year old nephew of mine. He so diplomatically answers when asked for something he doesnt want to do, its just so adorable...

Mom: Hey what is it that u're eating
Kid: Ice cream
Mom (just to see his reaction): Can I have a bite?
Kid: Oh I would've given it to u, but it tastes so bad..I know you wouldn't like it one bit...In fact, this would even hurt ur stomach...so I guess I'll just finish it

In another instance, his grandpa who meditates every day asked the kid to join him

Grandpa: why dont you sit here and meditate with me?
Kid: Sure.
After a minute or two...
Kid: Grandpa, I'll just go have some water. Will come back after that.

And his grandpa wont see him for another hour or so :/ And this happens every single day!!
Well, I should probably take a lesson or two from him!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes!! he's such a smarty..cant wait to see him next month :)

Unknown said...

so sweet..

Sri said...

Good one Niha:-)

Sri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NIHA said...

@Sis: Me too...after listening to all his adorable stories...just can't wait to see him!!

@Sandy: :)

@Sri Akka: Thank u :)