Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sun n Clouds

So here I am...after a long hiatus from the blog world...I realized I was too busy pretending to be busy :) now its time to get back to my blog...

So last weekend my colleagues had planned out a trip to Grand father mountains, NC, which is about 4 hours drive from where I live...Since it was a day trip, we had to start early...the saddest part of the trip was that I had to get up at 5:30 in the morning, something I had not done since I finished my last exam in school six months back...we started for our great mountain expedition at around 6:30....The drive was awesome, the view breathtaking...but once we reached the mountain most of the leaves had already fallen off, which was a lil disappointing...but the view below from the mountain was colorful and amazing...

Usually I am extremely scared of heights...so I almost gave up when I had to climb this rock which was not very high, but one wrong step and we could fall straight down on the rocks and break our head...But everyone was climbing and with some motivation and help I finally managed to climb it...After reaching the top of the rock, the only thing I kept thinking was how to get down...but thought it shouldn't be a problem as so many people are climbing the place should be safe...but then someone told me about this..


But luckily climbing down was much easier than I thought it to be...After our great rock climbing experience, we went to the highest peak of the mountain...It was very warm and pleasant..so we left our jackets in the car. To reach the peak we had to walk across a swinging bridge hanging at a height of about 5,900 ft...after crossing it we sat on the peak and were enjoying the view, when we realized that a cloud was slowly moving towards us...excited, we waited for it to reach us...it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen...In just a little while, we were enveloped in a thick blanket of white mist and could hardly see anything...it was really difficult to withstand the chill and we started running towards the car...it took us good 10 mins and high heat in the car to regain our senses...


I don't think I'd ever forget this once-in-a-lifetime experience....

0 comments: