Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good Ol' Days

Today, all of a sudden, I started feeling very nostalgic about the ads and shows on TV I used to watch as a kid (yeah, of all the things!!)....the reason for this nostalgia is "borolene" I found in my apartment...yes..the khushbudaar antiseptic cream borolene....the sing-song tag lines just remain etched in our memories for ever...Some of the ads and shows from the Doordarshan era, that I would never forget-

1. Jungle book - The ever famous mogli and his jungle friends...Jungle jungle pata chala hai chaddi pehan ke phool kila hai...
2. Dekh bhai dekh- every character is so funny and sweet...can watch it over and over again...


3. Tehkikaat - The super suspense thriller....


4. Malgudi days - the music was amazing...the show brilliant...

5. Washing powder Nirma -Washing powder Nirma..Doodh si safedi Nirma se aayi Rangeen kapde bhi khil khil jaaye...Sab ki pasand hai nirma...lolz

6. And ofcourse..the ad that would play in all the theaters before a movie started...
Vicco Turmeric- vicco turmeric nahin cosmetic...vicco turmeric ayurvedic cream...

Though it seems ridiculous now, we used to love these ads and the way these models(??) sang and danced around in these ads...

The Sunday morning memories are still strong and vivid as if it was only yesterday...the roads would practically be deserted...and the entire family would huddle in front of the television to watch all the favorite shows - Jungle Book, Chandrakanta, Mahabharat etc...We had no cellphones, cars, desktops ( forget laptops!!) not even a cable connection...yet we were so happy and content...I know its now difficult to go back and relive those moments...frankly, I don't think I'd be able to survive without my phone and laptop...but I am glad at least its a part of my memories which I'd cherish forever....

1 comments:

Nia said...

well said Nihau!... brings back so many memories :|