Sunday, February 15, 2009

Animal Farm

Recently I read Animal farm by George Orwell and found it to be quite fascinating….More than anything else, I like this book mainly because of the way each character was described especially when all the animals had to toil to harvest the crops…here's one of them...
The behavior of the cat was somewhat peculiar. It was soon noticed that when there was work to be done the cat could never be found. She would vanish for hours on end, and then reappear at meal-times, or in the evening after work was over, as though nothing had happened. But she always made such excellent excuses, and purred affectionately, that it was impossible not to believe in her good intentions
When I first read this description….the first thing that came to my mind was that…hey!! I met this person!!
The person I am talking about hates work...She can just sit for hours doing nothing…but when it comes to doing something, she’s not to be seen around. But the way she convinces others is commendable ….Even if the reason is as stupid as watching a movie, she comes up with such an amazing explanation that at the end of it we all feel that it was more important for her to watch the movie than may be look after a dying patient!!!

2 comments:

Girish said...

I wish I will never be that dying patient:)

NIHA said...

hehe...don't worry u don't know that person...so u'd never be in that position :)