Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Diwaleen

Happy Diwali...
Today is the festival of lights and surely some lights did show up on a couple of balconies in my block.....For a change, we celebrated Diwali and Halloween together....my roommates who came just three months back were all keen and enthusiastic to adapt to the US culture....As a resut, we did not just light the diya, but instead carved an entire pumpkin to put it in....But it resulted in a whole lot of fun...I decorated the house with the lights while my roomies were busy carving the pumpkin and cooking dinner...After we all finished our respective jobs, we invited a few friends over for the aarti, that was played on youtube, followed by our prayers...I "tasted" three types of kheers, had amazing dinner and finally went and caught up with our pals....this was indeed different from what we usually do on festivals...yeah yeah I'm talking about lazing around like its just another day :)

0 comments: